NEW DATES IN APR/MAY 2023 TBC
ALL ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This 9-day Desert Fire expedition in Central Australia weaves together transformational nature connection practices, traditional knowledge, bushcraft, hiking and western science.
Included in this package:
- A truly unique Australian tour that you cannot experience anywhere else
- Wilderness survival skills (i.e. primitive fire making, bird language and wild food identification)
- Sensory and self-awareness skills (i.e. sit spots, dingo walking and journalling)
- Deep immersion into desert life, including learning about its ecology, geology, history, culture and traditional owners
- Experiencing the soothing rhythm of nature; sleeping under the stars and pacing your day with the sun
- Daily hiking adventures to showcase this beautiful region and get the blood pumping
- Walking with pack camels as your guides in remote Western Simpson Desert; the driest area in Australia and the world’s largest parallel sand ridge deserts
- Storytelling, community, music and song around the fire
- Learning traditional and bushcraft practices
All of these techniques are used for your personal empowerment, nature connection, cultural awareness and understanding, and they will elevate your experience of what it means to be a nature-connected human in our modern day world.
DESERT FIRE TRAVEL DATES
Desert Fire dates for 2023 TBC starting and ending from Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.
YOUR INVESTMENT TO JOIN DESERT FIRE, 2023
FULL PRICE- $5,499
EARLYBIRD - $5,199 - THIS IS A TIME LIMITED DISCOUNT OF $300 - (Earlybirds must pay deposit on booking, before 1st April ‘23 to receive the discount)
Spots are very limited due to the unique nature of the trip.
Bookings can be made on the Life Wild website www.lifewild.com.au or by emailing Caitlin firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expedition Features and Highlights:
Skip the touristy experiences and dive straight into the real highlights of Alice Springs (Mparntwe), Simpson Desert (Munga-Thirri), the infamous Larapinta Trail and West McDonnell National Park (Tjoritja)
Hike up Mount Sonder at sunrise (Rwetyepme: NT's 4th highest peak) on the Larapinta Trail
Plunge into the fresh, permanent waterholes of the Larapinta Trail at Ellery Creek Big Hole (Udepata), Redbank Gorge (Yarretyeke) and Ormiston Gorge (Kwartatuma)
- Half-day in Alice Springs to look around and learn about traditional Arrernte culture
- 4-day explore of some of the main attractions along the alien landscapes of the Larapinta Trail (by road and foot) in the ‘West Macs’
- 4-nights camping at the picturesque Ellery Creek Big Hole and Redbank Gorge
- 5-day Western Simpson Desert hiking expedition with pack camels (with expert guides Outback Camel Company). We will be walking up to 15kms per day (by foot) with the pack camels carrying all our essential supplies.
- 4-nights swag camping under the stars in the Western Simpson Desert
- Private Aboriginal Cultural Tour of the region of the Arrernte people at Standley Chasm
- Daily nature connection and sensory practices to fully immerse in these wild places.
* Please note - we do not teach Aboriginal Australian culture, except when we have an Aboriginal staff member/ collaborator present. We mostly teach from our western science perspective with celtic roots. We have learnt these skills from Mentors from all over - Aboriginal Australians, Americans, Australians, our Celtic roots. All our ancestors, not matter where you are from, practiced these ancestral, primitive survival skills and they are not owned by any one culture, but borrowed and adapted over time from others. That's the beauty of being human.