When we can't readily find products that align with our Core Values and circular economy principles, we think about how we could make them from materials that are already in use.
We've done this with things like our Circular Denim Totes, made from post-consumer denim, and our favourite landfill diversion of all: our salvaged jute coffee sacks. Turns out they can be incredible plastic-free, reusable and beautiful garbage bag and bin liners, when you're composting and removing liquids from your bin. What's more, you can probably get some from your local coffee shop for free too - total earth goals.
We also have ambitions to recycle everything that we can't remake or compost, and particularly material components of wares we offer that can be technically, but aren't conventionally or accessibly recycled, like Silicone Rubber.
WILDR is an avenue for you to be able to pass on some of your items that are no longer for you for either specialist recycling/ remanufacturing, or to remake them into a second life, and a second life that is far from clogging up a charity bin or landfill site.
WILDR is designed to be a depository for things in your life that are no longer for you. We're starting with certain items to reuse and remake for Life Wild Made products, as well as materials in our range that require specialist recycling.
And when you contribute your things, we'd love to extend our appreciation by signing you up to our community - the Life Wild Collective - and giving you a code for 10% off your next purchase at www.lifewild.com.au.
Thereafter, when you're part of the Life Wild Collective, you'll receive a discount code for 5% off FOR LIFE for every time you shop with us on www.lifewild.com.au. Running endless sale campaigns is not aligned with our values or mission, but this is our way of saying thank you that we believe is aligned with our values.
For reusing and remaking, our starting list is here:
- 100% Cotton Denim Jeans - clean and in good condition;
- 100% Natural fibre fabric of any kind and broadly over 50cm x 50cm in dimensions - clean and in good condition;
- 100% Natural fibre threads, yarns and ropes - clean and in good condition;
- 100% Natural fibre woven baskets;
- Tools including hammers, shovels and spades in need of reconditioning;
- Old planter boxes, pots and stands; and
- Old homewares vessels (like jug, vases and bottles) that are still in good condition.
For specialist recycling, send us your:
- Silicone Rubber lids and sleeves, straps, bag and bottle inners, or other consumer parts, that you can no longer reuse;
- Onya products made from recycled PET, like the Reusable Bread Bag, Reusable Produce Bags and Reusable Bulk Food Bags. And you don’t have to have bought them from us to send them back to us and benefit, we’re super happy to help you and the planet out in any we can;
- Wild Search's natural skincare empty glass jars with lid. We'll then pass these onto Wild Search to reuse; and,
- LovEarth’s all natural Yoga Mats, for us to pass onto LovEarth to recycle or upcycle.
For everything you want to send to us, please send to our Suffolk Park HQ between 10am - 5pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays: For local drop-offs, contact us and we'll send you our address.
Life Wild HQ
PO BOX 118, Suffolk Park, NSW 2481
And please don't forget to include your contact details and email address so that we can send you our enormous thanks and your code for 10% off (and just to be sure, this is only open to residents of our Great Southern Land).
Thank you so much for being here and participating - you mean a lot,