Join us for a special IMBOLC Feast & Nature Honouring on Mon 7 August 2023; 4pm until dark in the Byron Shire (location on booking)
To buy Tickets > scroll to the bottom of this page!
Welcome to Life Wild Seasonal Ceremonies: Connect with the Seasons!
Let's celebrate the beautiful Imbolc - the official start of Spring in the southern hemisphere. It's a time to celebrate that Spring is just around the corner, heralded to us by wattle, whales and nesting birds! We can enjoy the final outbreath of nature, and honour this time we've had in the cold and dark. Light is on the horizon! Imbolc is the Celtic celebration of Spring and literally means "in the belly of the mother" as the spring seeds are waiting to germinate. It's the exact halfway point between the winter solstice and spring Equinox.
ABOUT OUR EVENTS
Connect with the seasons through the 8 pagan ceremonies, held by nature.
Want to meaningfully connect with nature and the seasons?
Do you want to learn more about wild foods, wildlife, nature connection practices, the seasonal calendar, geology, traditional pagan ceremony and ritual in an Australian context, bushcraft, terrestrial & marine ecology... plus journey through your inner landscape?
Join us for our seasonal, nature-inspired ceremonies... there are 8 per year!
About the Sabbats (pagan traditional seasonal ceremonies)
Do you know each of the 8 traditional pagan/ Celtic ceremonies that mark seasonal changes? Let's connect with nature and the seasons by celebrating each of these special times of the year. This is done in an Australian/ Southern Hemisphere context, combining traditional ceremony with modern day (and ancient) nature connection practices.
Ostara *Spring Equinox* + Beltane
Litha *Summer Solstice* + Lammas
Mabon *Autumn Equinox* + Samhain (aka. Halloween)
Yule *Winter Solstice (aka. Christmas)+ Imbolc
BOOK NOW >>>
ALL ABOUT THE PROGRAM
These sessions creatively weave together transformational nature connection practices, ceremony & ritual, ecological and geological sciences, the seasons, nature healing, community + sisterhood, bushcraft, wildlife, local knowledge, good food, hiking/ bushwalking and fun!
- Connect with the seasons through the 8 pagan ceremonies, hosted in an Australian/ Southern Hemisphere context
- Delicious bush buffet of snacks and native-inspired treats for you to enjoy
- Wilderness survival skills (i.e. wild awareness, tracking, basket weaving, bushcrafts, primitive fire making, bird language and wild food identification)
- Sensory and self-awareness skills (i.e. sit spots, dingo walking and journalling)
- Experiencing the cycle of the seasons and learning about our unique seasonal calendar
- It's just like Bush School FOR ADULTS
- The rainbows, close wildlife encounters and mind-blowing cloud formations come for free!
All of these techniques are used for your personal empowerment, nature connection, cultural awareness and understanding, and they will elevate your experience of what it means to be a nature-connected human in our modern day world.
YOUR INVESTMENT: This is on a sliding scale - pay what you can (full price, concession and low income earner)
SINGLE ADULT/ or with child under 5yrs
Any session - Recommended donation $20 - $35 pp
1x ADULT + 1x CHILD >5yo
Any session - Recommended donation $40 - 50 per pair
Spots are limited to keep group sizes small.
Bookings can be made here on the Life Wild website www.lifewild.com.au or by emailing Caitlin email@example.com.
The fine print:
- Adults with accompanying children all welcome.
- Meeting point -location will be texted/emailed to you on booking
- All travel to, supplies for the afternoon are solely your responsibility.
- Pricing & Payments - Pricing is on a casual drop-in basis. We do not offer refunds if you change your mind or can't attend anymore, due to catering. You can pay in cash on the day if you wish (let us know in advance), or pre-book tickets on the website.
- COVID-19 considerations - Being in small groups and outdoors only, we are unlikely to be affected by restrictions and are very low risk for COVID-19 spread. If our sessions have to be changed/ altered in response to covid-19 restrictions, you can transfer your tickets to another term program.
- Cancellations due to sickness - In the week pre-sessions, if you experience any cold/flu symptoms you must not attend this session. Notify the organiser ASAP if you cannot attend.